Retirement of Officers and Trustees and Election of 6 New Trustees
During its regular monthly meeting on Sunday, December 17, 2017, the Board of Trustees of Hindu Temple and Cultural Center of the Rockies (HTCC) held elections. It was a historic day when several major decisions were made with respect to the management of the organization as summarized below.
All four officers, Reva Nayar (President), C. P. Mishra (Vice President), Satish Kumar (Treasurer) and Mita Mukherjee (Secretary) announced that they will retire from their positions on December 31, 2017. This team had successfully managed the design, construction and operation of the new temple. The Board gratefully acknowledges their many contributions over many years and thanks them for thousands of hours of their hard work.
Four trustees, Arun Budhiraja, Madhur Mahajan, Mita Mukherjee and Prabhakara Rao announced their retirement as trustee. The Board thanks them for their many years of service as trustees and officers. It is hoped that they will continue to serve the temple as volunteers. It is also planned that they will start a new group, called “Founder’s Forum”, which will comprise of retired long-term trustees, to help the temple.
The Board unanimously elected six new trustees for 3-year term starting January 1, 2018. Two of them, Dr. Deepak Malhotra and Mr. Anshuman Purohit were nominated by the Advisory Council. The other four, Mrs. Sonali Das, Mr. Rajesh Kaul, Dr. Suresh Lakkaraju, and Mr. Arjun Sen were nominated by current trustees. It is hoped that this infusion of new blood will bring many new ideas and rejuvenate the management of the organization. In January, the new Board of 15 trustees will elect the four new officers.
After that election, we will update the “Temple Management” section of the temple website. In the meantime, I want to share brief introductions of the new trustees with those of you who may not be familiar with them.
1. Mrs. Sonali Das is a graduate of Utkal University. She is a home maker and lives in Centennial. She has been helping temple as a volunteer in organizing cultural programs at the temple.
2. Mr. Rajesh Kaul got his M.S. in Mechanical (Fire Protection) Engineering from University of Maryland. He works for an engineering company in Lakewood and lives in Fort Collins. He has been helping the temple as a volunteer priest for special functions for many years.
3. Dr. Suresh Lakkaraju got his Ph.D. in Physics from Osmania University. He works as an IT professional and lives in Littleton. He has served the temple as a part-time manager and as a volunteer, managing temple facilities and operations for several years.
4. Dr. Deepak Malhotra got his B. Tech. from IIT Kanpur and Ph. D. in Mineral Economics from Colorado School of Mines. He is founder and President of RDI Minerals, a consulting and R&D Company for mining industry. He serves on the board of many companies and lives in Lakewood. He is a “Legacy Donor” who has donated more than $100,000 to the temple. He will help the temple with fund raising and management.
5. Mr. Anshuman Purohit got his M.S in Computer Science from John Hopkins. He has an IT consulting business working for many insurance companies. He lives in Parker. He will help temple in the area of communications (email broadcasts, website, on-line registration etc).
6. Mr. Arjun Sen got his B. Tech. from IIT Kharagpur and MBA from Brigham Young University. He is the President of ZenMango, a consulting company and lives in Centennial. His company helps corporations in areas of Branding and Marketing. He has also served as President of Pan IIT USA (2014-2015). He helped Hindu Temple by preparing a “Road Map” during planning of new temple. He is excited to help with fund raising and management.
Please join me and the Board in saying Thanks to those who are retiring and in welcoming the new trustees.